Banh Sung caramelized pork is a typical Cambodian dish which consists of rice noodles, crispy pork chops with caramel, fried spring rolls, fresh vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts), aromatic leaves (mint , Thai basil) and crushed peanuts. Everything is drizzled with a sweet and savory sauce made from coconut milk, spring onions and spring roll sauce. Banh Sung caramelized pork is a friendly dish that is shared with family or friends. It is very appreciated for its intense flavors and its varied textures which bring a real explosion of sensations in the mouth. The sweetness of the coconut milk goes perfectly with the sweet and crispy flavor of the caramelized minced pork, while the fresh vegetables bring a touch of freshness and crunch. Banh Sung is an easy to make dish that does not require a lot of cooking time. It can be served on all occasions, whether for a quick lunch, an improvised dinner or for an evening with friends. Feel free to adjust the ingredients and quantities based on your personal preferences and the availability of ingredients in your area. In short, Banh Sung with caramelized pork is an essential dish of Cambodian cuisine, which will delight the taste buds of all lovers of Asian cuisine. Try this recipe at home and share it with your loved ones for an authentic and convivial culinary experience.
Recipe for BANH SUNG caramelized pork
Discover the traditional recipe for Banh Sung caramelized pork , an emblematic dish of Cambodian cuisine. This delicious bowl is made up of rice noodles, crispy minced pork with caramel, spring rolls, fresh vegetables and crushed peanuts, all drizzled with a sweet and salty coconut milk sauce and spring onions. An explosion of flavors and textures to enjoy with family or friends, for an authentic and convivial culinary experience. Try this recipe at home and share it with your loved ones for an exotic and delicious gastronomic discovery.
Detailed recipe for BANH SUNG caramelized pork for 4 people
Categorie : Main course
Food : Cambodian
- 2 packets of rice noodles
- 150g minced pork with caramel
- 4 spring rolls of pork
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bunch of Thai basil
- 1 bunch of mint
- 4 spring onions or Thai chives
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 C. salt
- 200ml spring roll sauce
- 35g of peanuts
- 150g palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Boil a large quantity of water. Add the rice noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Drain them and cool them in water. Book.
- Prepare the minced pork with caramel: In a frying pan, add 150g of palm sugar, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat over medium heat until the sugar has melted. Add the minced pork and cook until browned and crispy. Book.
- Prepare spring rolls according to packet instructions or prepare them yourself.
- Prepare the following ingredients and set aside : Peel and grate the carrot. Peel every other skin of the cucumber, then cut it into rings and 5 mm thick sticks. Rinse the bean sprouts. Chop the spring onions. Crush the peanuts.
- Prepare the coconut milk sauce: Heat 200ml coconut milk over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the minced spring onions. Simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Assemble the bowls: Arrange the rice vermicelli in each bowl. Add a portion of cucumber sticks, a portion of grated carrot, a portion of minced pork, a portion of bean sprouts and two spring rolls cut into pieces. Sprinkle with aromatic leaves (mint, Thai basil) and crushed peanuts. Pour 100 ml of coconut milk with scallion and 100 ml of spring roll sauce into each bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients in each bowl and adjust the amount of sauce according to your taste. Enjoy!
We hope that this Banh Sung recipe with caramelized pork has allowed you to discover the flavors and aromas of Cambodian cuisine. This traditional dish is a veritable explosion of flavors, textures and colors that will delight your taste buds and transport you on an exotic taste journey. We encourage you to customize this recipe to your liking by adjusting quantities or adding additional ingredients. For example, you can replace the minced pork with chicken or beef, or add seasonal vegetables for an extra touch of freshness. Banh Sung caramelized pork is a convivial dish that can be shared with family or friends, and is ideal for quick lunches, improvised dinners or for an evening with friends. This recipe is easy to make and does not require a lot of cooking time. If you enjoyed this recipe, we invite you to discover other Asian dishes on our website to extend your taste journey. You can also share your comments and photos of your version of this dish on social media using the hashtag #BanhSung. We hope that this culinary experience transported you to Asia and that you enjoyed this exotic gastronomic discovery. We wish you a good appetite and we hope to see you again very soon for new culinary adventures.