Banh Sung with fried tempeh is a delicious dish that comes to us from Cambodia. It is inspired by Bo Bun, a Vietnamese recipe, but is prepared according to the Khmer culinary style. This dish is a perfect blend of flavors and textures, sure to tantalize your taste buds. The noodles are fried and tossed with fresh vegetables, crispy tempeh and spring rolls, then topped with a sweet sauce made from soy, vinegar and brown sugar, and a coconut sauce and green onion oil. This blend of flavors creates a unique and unforgettable dining experience. This recipe is also healthy and nutritious. The fried noodles provide a source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, while the vegetables and tempeh add essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. Plus, this recipe is easy to customize to your flavor and ingredient preferences. We hope you enjoy this version of Tempeh Banh Sung and can share it with your friends and family. Enjoy your food !
Banh Sung with Fried Tempeh
Discover Banh Sung with fried tempeh, a tasty and nutritious dish originating from Cambodia, inspired by the Vietnamese Bo Bun. This dish is made with fried noodles, crunchy vegetables, spring rolls, crispy tempeh, and a sweet sauce made with soy, vinegar, and brown sugar. Topped with a coconut sauce and green onion oil, the Banh Sung is an explosion of flavors and textures that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Try this easily customizable recipe for a delicious and healthy meal with family or friends.
Detailed recipe Banh Sung with fried tempeh for4 people
Categorie : Main course
Food : Cambodian
Sweet sauce for noodles:
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60 ml vinegar (or to taste)
- 100g brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 240ml water
- Mix all the ingredients together until well dissolved. Add more sugar, salt or vinegar depending on your preference. This sauce should be sweet, salty and slightly sour.
Coconut sauce and green onion oil:
- 240ml coconut milk
- 5 green onions
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 coffee pinch of salt
- 45ml water
- 120ml olive oil
- Finely chop the green onions. In a skillet, heat the coconut milk over medium heat.
- Add green onions and salt and let boil slightly. In a bowl, dissolve the tapioca starch in 45 ml of water, then add it to the pan. Let simmer until the sauce thickens.
- In another skillet, heat the olive oil and fry the green onions for a few minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water, then drain and rinse in cold water. Then add the noodles to the pan with the green onion oil and mix well.
Assembly of Banh Sung with fried tempeh:
- 1 block of fried tempeh
- Fried spring rolls
- bean sprouts
- Cabbage or lettuce
- Thai basil
- chilli pepper
- Roasted peanuts
- Prepare all the ingredients by cutting them into julienne or small pieces. In a large bowl, mix the fried noodles with the vegetables and the spring rolls.
- Then add the fried tempeh, roasted peanuts and sweet sauce for the noodles. Pour the coconut sauce and green onion oil on top and mix well. Add chilli if you wish, for a spicy touch.
- Serve Banh Sung in bowls and garnish with fresh mint leaves and basil. Savor this delicious and healthy dish, which mixes Asian flavors!
Banh Sung with fried tempeh is an ideal dish for moments of sharing and conviviality. This recipe is easy to customize to your tastes and preferences. Feel free to add fresh herbs like cilantro or basil for a touch of freshness and flavor. You can also replace the tempeh with tofu if you like. This recipe is also a great option for people looking to incorporate more vegetables and plant-based protein into their diet. The fried noodles provide a source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, while the vegetables and tempeh add essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. We hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy dish and that you can prepare it for your next meals with family or friends. Feel free to experiment with ingredients and flavors to create your own unique version of Banh Sung. Enjoy your food !