Recipe beef loc lac
The beef loc lac recipe is an emblematic dish of Cambodian cuisine, often accompanied by fresh salad and rice. This easy-to-make recipe combines sweet, savory and tangy flavors for a perfect dish for evenings with family or friends. Beef is marinated in soy and oyster sauce, then sautéed in a wok with spices and vegetables to create a perfectly cooked and deliciously seasoned meat dish.
This loc lac beef recipe will make it easy to recreate this traditional Cambodian dish at home. Served on a bed of crunchy salad and accompanied by Cambodian rice, loc lac beef is a delicious way to explore new flavors and satisfy your taste buds. The exotic and spicy flavors of this loc lac beef recipe will transport you directly to Southeast Asia. Enjoy your food !
Detailed recipe for loc lac beef for4 people
- 500g beef cut into cubes
- 1 tomato, diced
- a handful of green salad
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm or brown powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon crushed Kampot pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- In a small bowl, prepare the Kampot pepper sauce. Mix the sugar, chicken broth powder, Kampot pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the juice of two limes and mix well. Book.
- In another bowl, mix the beef with a tablespoon of chicken stock powder, a tablespoon of cornstarch, pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix well until the meat is well coated.
- In a wok, heat a tablespoon of oil. Sear the beef for a minute, then remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add a tablespoon of butter and sauté the onion, garlic and shallot over high heat. Add the diced tomato and mix well.
- Add beef and tomato sauce. Mix well until the meat is well coated.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well until the ingredients are well incorporated. Let simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Add the Kampot pepper sauce and mix well. Let simmer for a few more minutes for the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve the loc lac beef on a bed of fresh green salad, accompanied by white rice or sautéed rice with tomato. Garnish with tomato slices, cucumber, onion and lime.